What's Happening

Good evening my fellow pet lovers! As the weekend is coming to a close (I know, I’m sad about it too), I thought I would write a prediction of some things that I think might be emerging in the world of pet supplies in the coming year, hopefully giving you some good thoughts to ponder throughout your work week.

First things first, the pet food market is looking to be a very promising market indeed in the coming years.  A majority of this growth can be seen stemming from the major increase in online retailing.  Online giants Amazon and Chewy’s sales have boomed recently, taking away many customers (and therefore sales dollars) from the Pet Smarts and Petcos of our world.  Not only is there an increase in online sales of pet food, but owners are now beginning to becoming their animal’s personal chef, creating homemade food for their non-human family member to eat.

Something else that I am predicting to occurring in the coming year is an increase in dog adoptions.  Call me crazy, but I think a part of this may be coming from the location of the Winter Olympics this year.  While dog meat is something that is a part of Korean culture, that should not be an excuse used to allow cruelty to these animals, as said by Gus Kenworthy, a US Olympic Athlete who helped to rescue 90 dogs at a farm in South Korea.  Many farms treat their dogs with terrible cruelty and do not put them down humanely, so I believe that Kenworthy’s help in spreading awareness of this fact will lead to more adoptions of dogs throughout the world.

Comments

Popular Posts