Cat Scratching: A Critique

Hello readers! This Monday, I was hoping to provide a little bit of insight to some scratching poles for all of my feline-loving friends.  I myself do not own a cat, but I have many family members and friends that do and have asked them many questions to be able to write this post for you all. 

Based on my inquiries and my own outside research as well, I discovered that the most popular cat scratching stand is the type that has the long pole used for scratching with a bed on top.  Cats absolutely love this type of stand, as they can scratch the thick sisal rope that is wound tight around the best kinds.  Once they start getting a little tired, they can climb on up and take a quick cat nap in the perfect-sized bed up top!  If you are having trouble finding the right cat stand for your cat, I would recommend giving this one a try.  I have included a picture for your reference!

The above mentioned cat scratching stand is the most popular one today, but another type is also very common and has very high ratings for your cat.  This is the three sided scratcher (looks like a triangle, I also included a picture of this one below).  This type of cat scratcher provides some good entertainment for your feline friend, as the opening in the middle allows the cat to weave around as they get their scratches on.  The only downfall of this type can be the material it is made out of.  Since it is usually cardboard, that can lead to it falling apart pretty quickly.  Luckily, since it does have three sides, you can rotate it as one side begins to fall apart. 



Comments

Popular Posts